The Institute of Plasma Physics and Laser Microfusion
B+ category Research Institute
The Institute of Plasma Physics and Laser Microfusion (IPPLM) is a research institute supervised by the Polish minister responsible for energy.
The IPPLM is the leader and national coordinator of research in the field of plasma physics and the development of nuclear fusion technology. Since 2014, it has been managing the European program of the EUROfusion consortium in Poland, which is implemented by units concentrated in the Scientific and Industrial Center of New Energy Technologies – CeNTE.
The IPPLM conducts research in the field of:
- physics of plasma generated in high-current discharges,
- physics of plasma generated by laser pulses,
- nuclear fusion in magnetic plasma confinement,
- development of plasma diagnostics,
- development of plasma technologies, including electric propulsion.